Get to know a whole lot more about when your child needs to get vaccinated.
Keeping up with your child’s social calendar may seem daunting. While we’ll leave you to being the keeper of their social and activity calendar, our Danville, CA, pediatrician Dr. Denise O’Riordan and the team at Blackhawk Medical Group will be the keeper of your child’s immunization schedule. After all, immunizations protect your child and the community at large from serious and preventable communicable diseases.
Here are the different immunizations that we provide children and teens in and around Danville, CA,
- Rotavirus (given at 2, 4, and 6 months old)
- Influenza virus (starting at 6 months old)
- Varicella vaccine (chickenpox) (first dose between 12-15 months; second dose between 4-6 years old)
- Haemophilus influenzae (Hib) (given at 2, 4, and 6 months, and between 12-15 months)
- Human papillomavirus (administered between 11-12 years old)
- Polio (between 6-18 months)
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (given at 2, 4, and 6 months; 15-18 months; 4-6 years)
- Hepatitis A (between 12-23 months; two doses given 6-months apart)
- Hepatitis B (given at birth, 1-2 months and 4 months)
- Pneumococcal (given at 1-2 months)
Why Kids Need to Get Vaccinated
Immunizations are truly the easiest and most effective ways for our Danville, CA, pediatricians to prevent the spread of certain communicable diseases. Many of these diseases can cause severe disability or long-term complications. By ensuring that all children are vaccinated, we can keep the prevalence rates of certain infectious diseases at an all-time low. It’s also important that you have accurate records of all the vaccines your child has received from our Danville, CA, pediatrician. You will need this proof before they start daycare or school.
Blackhawk Medical Group is your premier pediatric practice in Danville, CA, providing everything from immunizations and physicals to urgent care and nutritional counseling. To schedule an appointment, call us at (925) 736-7070. To speak to our walk-in clinic about a more urgent matter, call (925) 309-2700.