Posts for: June, 2020
A parent always wants the best for their kids and have their interests at heart. At Blackhawk Medical Group in Danville, CA, our five physicians and their team provide second-to-none pediatric care for children through the age of 21. We assure families we have the characteristics you require when selecting a Danville pediatrics professional for your child.
What is pediatric care?
Pediatrics is a specialty that focuses on the medical care, growth, and development of babies, children, and teens. The pediatrician provides routine physicals and vaccinations, tracks growth, screens hearing, vision and monitors behavioral, physical, emotional, and intellectual development.
Your child's Danville pediatrics professional manages chronic and acute illness and coordinates care with outside specialists too. Our pediatricians in Danville, CA, follow the guidelines for practice, care, and vaccinations set forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
What should you look for in a pediatrician?
The short answer is competency and comfort. Your pediatrician should possess proper credentials and have a range of experience in caring for children of all ages. Also, he or she should make both child and parent feel at ease and respected. The doctor sets the tone for the entire medical practice and each in-office visit.
So, if you're a soon-to-be parent or wish to look for a new pediatrician for your child, here are some tips:
- Start early, while you are pregnant. Ask relatives or trusted friends for a referral or two, or consult the American Academy of Pediatrics online for doctors in your area.
- Contact the office to arrange a get-acquainted visit.
- At the office, look for a kid-friendly atmosphere and waiting room. The staff should greet you warmly and on time.
- Ask questions of the staff and physician, including what insurances the practice accepts, what the sick-visit and walk-in policies are, and what their vaccination policy and schedule are.
- Ask if the office provides prenatal counseling and lactation consultation after birth.
Make the right decision
The March of Dimes says that your baby will see the pediatrician at least seven times during the first year of life. After that, there are well- and sick-visits, vaccinations, documentation for sports participation, and care when immediate, pressing needs do arise. In short, that's a lot of contact between physician and family.
Please consider your choice of Danville pediatrics service deliberately. May we suggest getting to know the fine staff at BlackHawk Medical Group in Danville, CA? We deliver the best in pediatrics. For a routine appointment, contact our office in Blackhawk Plaza Circle at (925) 736-7070. We also have a walk-in clinic in Camino Tassajara Road: (925) 309-2700.