Posts for tag: Immunizations
Maybe you are about to teach abroad, start a new school, or need boosters. Getting immunizations doesn’t need to be a headache. Blackhawk Medical Group serves Danville, CA, by providing immunizations so that you have the most up-to-date records possible.
According to the CDC, the most common immunizations provided are:
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- Hepatitis A, B, C
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
This list is not exhaustive; sometimes, a patient will need another kind of vaccine due to travel or work expectations -- for example, anthrax. Maintaining good immunization records is handy for work, school, and vacation to other countries.
What if I can not find my immunization record?
That is fine. We will work with you to figure out which immunizations you already have and which ones you probably need. Our staff will be happy to start a record for you to refer to it anytime you need it.
Some tips for good records keeping:
- Leverage technology: if you are app savvy, use one like ReadyVax and CDC to keep on top of all your medical records.
- Filing systems: some patients prefer hard copies of the medical records. Make sure these are tucked away in a safe space from the elements.
- Keep records fresh: at least once a year, review your records to ensure that you are up-to-date on all of your immunizations.
- Contact your parents: if you are sure about your earliest immunizations and they are still available, contact your parent, guardian, or caregiver regarding your vaccination information.
While you can go to other places for immunizations, Blackhawk Medical Group provides patients in Danville, CA, with comprehensive care. We can answer many questions that other care providers might not. Contact (925) 736-7070 or (925) 309-2700 to schedule an appointment to start or update your immunization records today.